Germany busts international child porn site used by 400,000

Germany busts international child porn site used by 400,000

Follow Us




Search
Search Keyword:

Sign Up For Our
Daily Newsletters

Breaking News Alerts
Enter your email address:

Manage Newsletters

Front Page Podcast

Recommended

Elimination of ‘qualified immunity’ a stumbling point in policing reform talks

Quiz: Can you name the TV show from its popular theme song?

‘Understand the threat’: Efforts to ban critical race theory in schools meet rocky reception

Quiz: Can you pass a pandemics, plagues and infectious diseases test?

Law used against Trump allies now at center of Giuliani probe

SPONSORED CONTENT

Vietnam 2021

SPONSORED CONTENT

Commentary

Kay C. James

Biden’s non-infrastructure infrastructure bill

Ronald Kessler

Joe Biden and Jimmy Carter, two of the phoniest presidents in American history

Cal Thomas

Differences between Joe Biden and Tim Scott

View all

Question of the Day

Should the government start paying people to get a COVID-19 vaccination?

Question of the Day

 
Yes, get more people vaccinated

 
No, people should do it for free

 
Maybe, that might convince me

 
No amount of $ would convince me

  View results

Story TOpics

Germany’s former national soccer player Christoph Metzelder arrives at the court for the opening of his trial in Duesseldorf, Germany, Thursday, April 29, 2021. The former defender of Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid and Schalke 04 stands trial on charges of … more >

Print

By Kirsten Grieshaber

Associated Press

Monday, May 3, 2021

BERLIN (AP) — German prosecutors announced Monday they have busted one of the world’s biggest international darknet platforms for child pornography, used by more than 400,000 registered members.

Frankfurt prosecutors said in a statement together with the Federal Criminal Police Office that in mid-April three German suspects, said to be the administrators of the “Boystown” platform, were arrested along with a German user. One of the three main suspects was arrested in Paraguay.

They also searched seven buildings in connection with the porn ring in mid-April in Germany.

TOP STORIES

Biden declares war on America — literally

MSNBC host Tiffany Cross calls Sen. Tim Scott 'token,' 'tap dancer': 'Thirsty for White approval'

State legislatures on track to make history with 'unprecedented' wave of pro-life bills

The authorities said the platform was “one of the world’s biggest child pornography darknet platforms” and had been active at least since 2019. Pedophiles used it to exchange and watch pornography of children and toddlers, most of them boys, from all over the world.

Prosecutors wrote that they found “images of most severe sexual abuse of toddlers” among the photos and video material.

A German police task force investigated the platform, its administrators and users for months in cooperation with Europol and law enforcement authorities from the Netherlands, Sweden, Australia, the United States and Canada, the statement said.

The three main suspects were a 40-year-old man from Paderborn, a 49-year-old man from Munich and a 58-year-old man from northern Germany who had been living in Paraguay for many years, the prosecutors’ statement said. They worked as administrators of the site and gave advice to members on how to evade law enforcement when using the platform for illegal child pornography.

A fourth suspect, a 64-year-old man from Hamburg, is accused of being one of the most active users of the platform having allegedly uploaded more than 3,500 posts.

Germany has requested the extradition of the suspect who was arrested in Paraguay.

No names were given in line with Germany’s privacy regulations.

After the raids in mid-April, the online platform was shut down.

Germany’s top security official thanked the authorities for their success.

“This investigative success has a clear message: Those who assault the weakest aren’t safe anywhere,” German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer said. ”That’s what investigators work for day and night, online and offline, globally.”

“We’ll do everything within our power to protect the kids from these disgusting crimes,” he added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *